Hosea 9:10-12 King James Version (KJV)

10 I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw your fathers as the firstripe in the fig tree at her first time: but they went to Baalpeor, and separated themselves unto that shame; and their abominations were according as they loved.
11 As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception.
12 Though they bring up their children, yet will I bereave them, that there shall not be a man left: yea, woe also to them when I depart from them!

Hosea 9:10-12 Expanded Bible (EXB)

10 “When I found Israel,
   it was like finding grapes in the •desert[wilderness].
Your •ancestors[fathers; forefathers] were like
   finding the first figs on the fig tree.
But when they came to Baal Peor,
   they •began worshiping an idol[L consecrated/dedicated themselves to a shameful thing;Num. 25–18],
   and they became as •hateful[detestable] as the thing they •worshiped [L loved].
11 •Israel’s[L Ephraim’s; 4]glory will fly away like a bird;
   there will be no more pregnancy, no more births, no more conception.
12 But even if •the Israelites [L they]bring up children,
   I will take them all away.
•How terrible it will be for [L Woe to]them
   when I •go away[turn away; depart]from them!

Expanded Bible (EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

10 Jesus compares Himself to the vine and we are the grapes the bear from the vine. There grapes had gone bad because they left their vine. When the spies went to Israel they brought back large grape vines. Jesus compares Israel to the fig tree at one point. We only grow good thru Him, to be set apart in Him.

11 Their rebellion had caught up to them, God was going to away their blessings to show them that they have nothing without Him but with Him they have everything.

12 God was going to everything and leave them nothing that way their pride would be gone and they could submit to Him sometimes it when things in life reach their worst that we turn to the Lord but He does not want to wait till then but just simply follow Him.