God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search Bible Gateway
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
Latest topics
»  How To Be Filled With The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues.
Hosea 3:1-5 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 8:37 pm by Camille

» The Lord is faithful and He will do what He has promised to do.
Hosea 3:1-5 EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  Even the struggles that are hidden in our hearts are open and visible to Him.
Hosea 3:1-5 EmptySat May 30, 2020 3:42 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  If the Lord knows each star in space. He certainly knows your name.
Hosea 3:1-5 EmptyFri May 29, 2020 3:25 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» In fact, He goes ahead of us, to make this light and opportunity a reality.
Hosea 3:1-5 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» HE has got you in His hands, and you can rest in this knowledge.
Hosea 3:1-5 EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:40 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He watches over you, wherever you go.
Hosea 3:1-5 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:34 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» The Lord wants to bless our coming in and our going out.
Hosea 3:1-5 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He is YOUR Lord and God, so rest in Him.
Hosea 3:1-5 EmptySun May 24, 2020 2:46 pm by Ingrid's Memory

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
Camille
Hosea 3:1-5 Vote_lcapHosea 3:1-5 Voting_barHosea 3:1-5 Vote_rcap 
Ingrid's Memory
Godslove17
clark thompson
kellyniles
Angel Bells
Admin
newnature
WhiteHorse79
TheKanonHara
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
Hosea 3:1-5 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:22 am by Camille
God always provides for our needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

As long as we are doing the work of the Lord God will always meet our needs. As long as we are pointing others to God, He will always see that you have plenty.

Do the work of the Lord share what you know from the bible and share your testimony of how you were healed or set free and God …

Comments: 2
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum on your social bookmarking website
Similar topics
Most Viewed Topics
HOW DEMONIC SPIRITS ATTACK PROPHETS
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
Prayers for you from a man of God on YouTube Apostle Tim
The Armour of God - My Daily Strength in The Lord
More Salvation Prayers
Love Is Patient, Love Is Kind 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
What Occurs When You Plead The Blood of Jesus-Pst.D.K Olukoya
23 Declarations To Help Defeat Strongholds Of The Mind By Rebecca Greenwood
Prophecy: Donald Trump Shall Become the Trumpet by JEREMIAH JOHNSON
Most active topics
Using the Pulpit In Other Church Areas
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
God's Way Poem written by a member
The Holy Spirit: Author of Scripture
Friend Erica
The Cleaning Woman
Please pray for these Kids to be found alive
Pray for my Uncle Hank
Rules from God
What does the Lords Prayer mean ?

Hosea 3:1-5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clark thompson

Hosea 3:1-5 Empty
PostSubject: Hosea 3:1-5   Hosea 3:1-5 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Hosea 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Then said the LORD unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of her friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine.
2 So I bought her to me for fifteen pieces of silver, and for an homer of barley, and an half homer of barley:
3 And I said unto her, Thou shalt abide for me many days; thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for another man: so will I also be for thee.
4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:
5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.
Hosea 3 Expanded Bible (EXB)
Hosea Redeems His Wife
3 The LORD said to me again, “Go, show your love to a woman [C probably Gomer ), who has since deserted him] •loved by [or who loves] someone else, who •has been unfaithful to you [is committing adultery]. In the same way the LORD loves the •people [L sons; T children] of Israel, even though they •worship [turn to] other gods and love to eat the raisin cakes [C food eaten at pagan temples].”
2 So I bought her for six •ounces of silver [shekels] and •ten bushels [L a homer and a lethek; C a homer was 5–6 bushels; a lethek was about half that] of barley. 3 Then I told her, “You must •wait for [or live with] me for many days. You must not be a prostitute, and you must not have sexual relations with any other man. I will act the same way toward you.”
4 In the same way the •people [L sons; T children] of Israel will live many days without a king or •leader [prince], without sacrifices or holy stone pillars [ used in pagan worship;, and without •the holy vest [ephod; or •an idol [household idols;  teraphim; . 5 After this, the people of Israel will return and •follow [seek] the LORD their God and •the king from David’s family [L David their king; C an heir from David’s line]. In the last days they will •turn in fear [come in reverence/awe] to the LORD, and he will bless them.
Expanded Bible (EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 The Lord may be having him go find Gomer the woman he married earlier or having him find another wife since Gomer not change her ways, and be faithful. Israel went everywhere but to God who could truly meet their needs. Hosea would not be marrying a woman who was married so this woman may have been put away because of adultery and then he married her.

2 This is most likely what Hosea did after God gave him the command to marry. Often what God wants us to do will have a price but the price is worth it and is nothing compared to the price He paid for us, His Son our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

3 So Hosea lays down the rules, things that God required by law for marriage, faithfulness was required by God inside marriage so Hosea was just asking what God wanted of them. Where we often fall is going beyond what God expects of us, we over burden ourselves. Marriage is a sacred bound, God had a sacred bound with Israel but they ruined that bound, just as this woman had ruined marriage.

4 Israel would have a king but it would not be theirs, the only king after that would be of the line of David will be Christ when He comes to reign. The temple would be destroyed and they would be removed from their homes some would never be back again and would die prior to the return from exile.

5 The people did return but the kingdom to come is Christ’s, He will reign we need to be ready and make sure we are part of His kingdom.
Back to top Go down

Hosea 3:1-5
Page 1 of 1