Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19).

Recently a lady asked for prayer after an evening service. Her request was simple, but so typical among Christians. This lady had a high-pressure job as a real estate agent. Even though her agency was doing well, there were many pressures in her life. She felt like there was no one to help her make the major decisions in her agency and she felt that many of her employees were out of control.

To her friends it appeared like everything was going well, but actually her life seemed to be in turmoil internally. She said, "I need a break. I need some rest. I need some time of refreshing."

Her request is echoed by many and God in His Word gives us His plan for refreshing. In Acts 3:19 He tells us that when we repent of our sins, they are blotted out and that allows us to enter into the presence of the Lord and there we find times of refreshing. Doesn't that sound good?

Obedience to God's Word and His will always bring peace, rest, and contentment. Stress comes in when we try to get God to align His Word and His will with our life. That will never work and will only create confusion. The only way for there to be a time of refreshing is for us to fall in line with God's will and quit doing the things that are opposed to His will. That's called repentance.

Repentance is a difficult concept to teach in these modern times, mainly because we try to be so politically correct in all we say and do. There is a Greek word that describes this concept. It's called "hogwash." Hogwash! It doesn't matter if it is politically correct or not. Find God's will and come in line with it. Quit walking in the flesh and doing things against God's will. Turn around.

Say what God says and do what He says to do. Turning away from sin and turning toward God is repentance. Repentance is not being sorry for your sins. It is turning away from and quitting them.

Remember Acts 3:19 says, "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."