God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search Bible Gateway
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
Latest topics
»  How To Be Filled With The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues.
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 8:37 pm by Camille

» The Lord is faithful and He will do what He has promised to do.
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  Even the struggles that are hidden in our hearts are open and visible to Him.
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptySat May 30, 2020 3:42 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  If the Lord knows each star in space. He certainly knows your name.
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptyFri May 29, 2020 3:25 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» In fact, He goes ahead of us, to make this light and opportunity a reality.
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» HE has got you in His hands, and you can rest in this knowledge.
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:40 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He watches over you, wherever you go.
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:34 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» The Lord wants to bless our coming in and our going out.
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He is YOUR Lord and God, so rest in Him.
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptySun May 24, 2020 2:46 pm by Ingrid's Memory

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
Camille
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  Vote_lcapFeeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  Voting_barFeeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  Vote_rcap 
Ingrid's Memory
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  Vote_lcapFeeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  Voting_barFeeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  Vote_rcap 
Godslove17
clark thompson
kellyniles
Angel Bells
Admin
newnature
TheKanonHara
WhiteHorse79
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:22 am by Camille
God always provides for our needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

As long as we are doing the work of the Lord God will always meet our needs. As long as we are pointing others to God, He will always see that you have plenty.

Do the work of the Lord share what you know from the bible and share your testimony of how you were healed or set free and God …

Comments: 2
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum on your social bookmarking website
Similar topics
Most Viewed Topics
HOW DEMONIC SPIRITS ATTACK PROPHETS
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
Prayers for you from a man of God on YouTube Apostle Tim
The Armour of God - My Daily Strength in The Lord
More Salvation Prayers
Love Is Patient, Love Is Kind 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
What Occurs When You Plead The Blood of Jesus-Pst.D.K Olukoya
23 Declarations To Help Defeat Strongholds Of The Mind By Rebecca Greenwood
Prophecy: Donald Trump Shall Become the Trumpet by JEREMIAH JOHNSON
Most active topics
Using the Pulpit In Other Church Areas
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
God's Way Poem written by a member
The Holy Spirit: Author of Scripture
Friend Erica
The Cleaning Woman
Please pray for these Kids to be found alive
Pray for my Uncle Hank
Rules from God
What does the Lords Prayer mean ?

Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Camille
Admin
Admin
Camille

Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  Empty
PostSubject: Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens    Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 3:11 am

Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_0suqcrJhKv8uVgWmTRZn0AsOhQQWAYYq9OjOSPlk9WkSW4Fb

I was sitting on the edge of a worn-out bed in a foreign city with my head in my hands trying to shake off a flood of disturbing emotions. I knew I couldn't effectively minister until I got to the root of the issue.

"What is wrong with me, Lord? I have absolutely no reason to feel this way. What is going on?" I pled with the Lord to reveal the root. I felt like my world was coming to an end; like there was no hope for a better tomorrow; like quitting and giving up. I started praying in the Spirit and then entered another plea.

"What is happening, Lord?" This time, He replied.

"It's despondency. This is how the people of this city feel. I want you to pray for them."

Merriam-Webster defines despondency as feelings of extreme discouragement, dejection or depression. And that nailed it. That was exactly how I was feeling—only it wasn't me. It was a prayer burden from the Lord.

Dividing Between Soul and Spirit

Of course, that was many years ago. I was reminded of that story after a recent message I posted on Facebook about intercession. It was short and sweet, but it hit a nerve with people who were looking for answers—or reminders—about this spiritual truth. I actually wrote the post after discerning an unusual prayer burden the night before. Here's the post:

"Intercessors, as we move deeper and deeper into the things of God, it's increasingly vital to learn to divide soul from spirit. When the burden of the Lord comes upon you, you may feel the weight of oppression, hear the enemy's accusations, or experience various negative emotions seemingly out of the blue. That's not you! Learn to quickly discern the call to pray against a thing rather than coming up under it."

Feeling Oppressed? Learn to Discern Intercessory Prayer Burdens  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWt0iLrZklPM_d3UOWmhhoaJ3m9n26Tx9ZMQhzaSEiMwor05K1dw

In other words, we need to discern between the emotions of our soul and the prayer burden of the Lord. I can sit in church and hear what the devil is saying to other members of the congregation. I used to think it was my own thoughts, but I learned that I was hearing into the spirit realm so I could engage in warfare over their souls. Many times I feel disturbed in my spirit without any reasonable cause—there's no trouble, no sin, no warfare. I have learned that if my hands are clean and my heart is pure it's time to press into intercession whether or not I ever know what I'm praying about—and I don't always know. I just answer the Holy Spirit's call.

Burden Bearing for the Lord

The principle of intercession includes burden bearing. Where I live, when they plant new palm trees they use three stakes of wood to hold them steady until they are rooted and grounded in the soil. Those stakes bear the burden of the tree. When we intercede for people or places—whether we know what we are praying for or not—we stake ourselves to them and work with the Holy Spirit to remove what doesn't belong there. Dutch Sheets goes into this in detail in his book Intercessory Prayer.

Jesus is our model intercessor. 1 Peter 2:24 explains that He "bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness. 'By His wounds you were healed.'" Jesus ever lives to make intercession for us (see Heb. 7:25). At times, our intercession turns into all-out warfare. Again, we may not even know why. But we rely on the Holy Spirit to pray with and through us.

"Likewise, the Spirit helps us in our weaknesses, for we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God" (Rom. 8:26-27).

Sometimes we may know exactly what we're praying for but we don't know how to pray. The key to fruitful intercession—to effective burden bearing for the Lord—is to cooperate with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit feels the same burden and is sharing with you so you can work with Him to bring His will to pass over people, situations and even nations. Pray in the Spirit as much as you can and you'll develop greater discernment to recognize the burden of the Lord. And again, remember this:

"Intercessors, as we move deeper and deeper into the things of God, it's increasingly vital to learn to divide soul from spirit. When the burden of the Lord comes upon you, you may feel the weight of oppression, hear the enemy's accusations, or experience various negative emotions seemingly out of the blue. That's not you! Learn to quickly discern the call to pray against a thing rather than coming up under it." Amen.

Jennifer LeClaire is senior news editor of Charisma. She is also director of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale and author of several books, including Satan's Deadly Trio: Defeating the Deceptions of Jezebel, Religion and Witchcraft, and The Spiritual Warrior's Guide to Defeating Jezebel. You can visit her website here. You can also join Jennifer on Facebook or follow her on Twitter.
Back to top Go down
http://sowthepower.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 1