“And since we have the same spirit of faith...” ~ 2 Corinthians 4:13

The “spirit of faith” that Paul talks about in today’s Scripture can also be thought of as the attitude of faith—it’s the attitude of faith-filled believers. This attitude you are to have and share is not a once-a-week thing, or even a once-a-day thing. It’s an attitude you are to carry all day long—a continual positive attitude of expectation!

In Acts 26:2, Paul says, “I think myself happy, King Agrippa, because today I shall answer for myself before you concerning all the things of which I am accused by the Jews.”

Paul was in the city of Caesarea, in an auditorium, in front of King Agrippa. He had chains on his hands and feet. He had already been beaten with 39 stripes 5 times. He was stoned to death once and had to be miraculously revived. He went through 3 shipwrecks. He was often in perils of danger and falsely accused.

And yet he said, “I think myself happy!”

I don’t know how he did that, but THAT is the spirit of faith God calls you and I to have!

Now Paul was standing before the king, the governor, the military commanders and all the prominent men of Caesarea. But NOTICE: Paul was not gripped by fear, because he knew he was in the center of God’s will. He knew he was in the bigger plan and purpose of God, and that’s exactly why he was happy!

How is your own attitude affected when hard times come? Do you lose your joy and happiness? Or do you remain happy and positive, knowing that God is in control and that you are in the center of His will?

Prayer for the day:

Thank God for the blessings you have received through faith and for the joy that is yours as you walk by faith. Commit to trusting Him during hard times, knowing that He will come through for you!