Like the blind man in John 9, I could not see. Like a lame man I couldn’t walk. Like the man with leprosy in Luke 5, I was pushed aside. Like the woman who suffered from bleeding in Luke 8, I was weak. Like the woman at the well in John 4, I was thirsty. Like the thousands in Mark 8, I too was hungry. Like Jairus' Daughter in Matthew 9, I too was dead.

But like them all, I had an encounter with Jesus Christ. You see I met Jesus, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. Revelation 1:8 I met Jesus, the only begotten and beloved Son of God. (John 3:16 and Matthew 12:18 I met Jesus, the way, the truth and the life. (John 14:6) I met Jesus, The bread of life (John 6:32) I met Jesus, the light of the world. (John 9:5)

I found that He is the King of kings, the Lord of lords. (1 Timothy 6:15)  I found that He is the great “I am” John 8:58, the good shepherd (John 10:11), the author and finisher of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2)

The day I met the Master, He turned my night into day, He saved me from eternal death, He brought me into life. He delivered me from the bondages of sin. He empowered me, fed me and made me whole.

Even in spite of this, I faced many trials and tribulations, even in church. When I left theological college I was told that I’m not fit for ministry. Jesus saw something different. A Pastor once said to me: “No matter what you do, you will never be successful!” Jesus proved Him wrong. In another church, I was asked to leave. Jesus accepted me. When I met my wife, a Pastor refused to marry us. He said we will not make it for I’m just a wolf coming to steal the sheep. Today over 22 years later, I can honestly say that God who brought us together, kept us together.

Today, I want to encourage you. No matter what you’re facing, no matter what you’re going through, no matter what others say, you can make it through.  Not because of whom you are, but simply because of whom Jesus is.

Today I wish to say: Jesus is alive. And by allowing him into your life, by accepting the finished work of Christ on Calvary you too can testify, you too can say or sing:

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.