God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search Bible Gateway
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
Latest topics
»  How To Be Filled With The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues.
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 8:37 pm by Camille

» The Lord is faithful and He will do what He has promised to do.
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  Even the struggles that are hidden in our hearts are open and visible to Him.
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptySat May 30, 2020 3:42 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  If the Lord knows each star in space. He certainly knows your name.
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptyFri May 29, 2020 3:25 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» In fact, He goes ahead of us, to make this light and opportunity a reality.
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» HE has got you in His hands, and you can rest in this knowledge.
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:40 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He watches over you, wherever you go.
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:34 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» The Lord wants to bless our coming in and our going out.
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He is YOUR Lord and God, so rest in Him.
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptySun May 24, 2020 2:46 pm by Ingrid's Memory

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
Camille
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament Vote_lcapFearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament Voting_barFearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament Vote_rcap 
Ingrid's Memory
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament Vote_lcapFearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament Voting_barFearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament Vote_rcap 
Godslove17
clark thompson
kellyniles
Angel Bells
Admin
newnature
WhiteHorse79
TheKanonHara
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:22 am by Camille
God always provides for our needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

As long as we are doing the work of the Lord God will always meet our needs. As long as we are pointing others to God, He will always see that you have plenty.

Do the work of the Lord share what you know from the bible and share your testimony of how you were healed or set free and God …

Comments: 2
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum on your social bookmarking website
Similar topics
Most Viewed Topics
HOW DEMONIC SPIRITS ATTACK PROPHETS
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
Prayers for you from a man of God on YouTube Apostle Tim
The Armour of God - My Daily Strength in The Lord
More Salvation Prayers
Love Is Patient, Love Is Kind 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
What Occurs When You Plead The Blood of Jesus-Pst.D.K Olukoya
23 Declarations To Help Defeat Strongholds Of The Mind By Rebecca Greenwood
Prophecy: Donald Trump Shall Become the Trumpet by JEREMIAH JOHNSON
Most active topics
Using the Pulpit In Other Church Areas
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
God's Way Poem written by a member
The Holy Spirit: Author of Scripture
Friend Erica
The Cleaning Woman
Please pray for these Kids to be found alive
Pray for my Uncle Hank
Rules from God
What does the Lords Prayer mean ?

Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament Empty
PostSubject: Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament   Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:20 am

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

There was a time, before Jesus came into this earth, when human being was trying their best to save themselves, but nothing they did was good enough to bring them to heaven. God even called every righteous deed of human being or every self righteousness, being: "filthy rags" as said in: Isaiah 64:6 But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.

The term “filthy rags” is quite strong. The word “filthy” in the Hebrew language comes from the word "iddah" which literally means “the bodily fluids from the woman’s menstrual cycle.” The word “rags” comes from "beged", meaning “a rag or garment.” Therefore, these “righteous acts” are considered by God as repugnant as a soiled feminine hygiene product.

But thank God, the era was over, men finally see that they could not achieve God's required righteousness by self effort. You see, in order to see God face to face in heaven, you and I must not have a tiny bit of sin and must possess God's perfect righteousness, which can only be given as a gift by God (Jesus) Himself who possess perfect righteousness. Jesus came to impute righteousness of God in Him.
2Co 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Now after we were made righteousness of God in Him, there are some Christians who still be left doubted about their future salvation from then onward (from the moment they receive Christ Jesus as their Lord & Savior). Many Christians still believe they must work our their salvation with fear and tremble. The fear and tremble in the old covenant of Law, is truly being in fear. But, in the new Testament's "fear and tremble" is having a different meaning.

The problem stemmed from this verse: Php 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
If we just pluck one verse like that, we may get misunderstanding, because the next verse: Php 2:13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Look carefully: For It is God, and NOT you and I, but it is GOD who works inside you and I, and for us and through us, according to His will, and His good pleasure. It is really awesome isn't it ? We ought to feel amazed by the fact that it is not us who work it ! It is God who works it. And, if it is God who does it, then it surely will be perfect !

Another instance in the New Testament where we can see Bible interpreting bible, in the meaning of Fearing and Trembling, was in the story of woman with the long issue of blood disease for 12 years she had been suffering. She had seen many physicians yet to no avail. She touched the garment of Jesus in hoping for miracle. Indeed, she got healed.

Mar 5:30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him, turned around in the crowd and said, "Who touched My clothes?"
Mar 5:31 But His disciples said to Him, "You see the multitude thronging You, and You say, 'Who touched Me?' "
Mar 5:32 And He looked around to see her who had done this thing.
Mar 5:33 But the woman, fearing and trembling, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell down before Him and told Him the whole truth.
Mar 5:34 And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."

Do you see why the woman fearing and trembling ? The verse clearly said it was because of her knowing what had happened to her. She was completely healed ! after 12 years of having the issues of blood. So, fearing and trembling is a good expression of awesome and admiration for the Lord. Amazed by what had happened or by the splendor and glory of God.

I was fearing and trembling too, When I saw miracle happened to my case during my prison trial in 2006, in the court room when I learnt my sentence was only 6 months just nice and precisely as what had been foretold by the Lord, instead of the sentence I deserved, a Long sentence years, as expected & told by my Lawyer. I really feared and trembled, not because of fear / scared, but because of awed, unspeakable Joy and unexplained blow in my mind, I just could not believe it ! I was so amazed in fear and tremble.

Eternally in His Service,
John M Lu & Aileena
www.liftingjesus.org
Back to top Go down

Fearing and Trembling , the meaning in the New Testament
Page 1 of 1