God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search Bible Gateway
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
Latest topics
»  How To Be Filled With The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues.
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 8:37 pm by Camille

» The Lord is faithful and He will do what He has promised to do.
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  Even the struggles that are hidden in our hearts are open and visible to Him.
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptySat May 30, 2020 3:42 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  If the Lord knows each star in space. He certainly knows your name.
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptyFri May 29, 2020 3:25 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» In fact, He goes ahead of us, to make this light and opportunity a reality.
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» HE has got you in His hands, and you can rest in this knowledge.
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:40 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He watches over you, wherever you go.
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:34 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» The Lord wants to bless our coming in and our going out.
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He is YOUR Lord and God, so rest in Him.
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptySun May 24, 2020 2:46 pm by Ingrid's Memory

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
Camille
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired Vote_lcapH.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired Voting_barH.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired Vote_rcap 
Ingrid's Memory
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired Vote_lcapH.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired Voting_barH.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired Vote_rcap 
Godslove17
clark thompson
kellyniles
Angel Bells
Admin
newnature
TheKanonHara
WhiteHorse79
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:22 am by Camille
God always provides for our needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

As long as we are doing the work of the Lord God will always meet our needs. As long as we are pointing others to God, He will always see that you have plenty.

Do the work of the Lord share what you know from the bible and share your testimony of how you were healed or set free and God …

Comments: 2
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum on your social bookmarking website
Similar topics
Most Viewed Topics
HOW DEMONIC SPIRITS ATTACK PROPHETS
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
Prayers for you from a man of God on YouTube Apostle Tim
The Armour of God - My Daily Strength in The Lord
More Salvation Prayers
Love Is Patient, Love Is Kind 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
What Occurs When You Plead The Blood of Jesus-Pst.D.K Olukoya
23 Declarations To Help Defeat Strongholds Of The Mind By Rebecca Greenwood
Prophecy: Donald Trump Shall Become the Trumpet by JEREMIAH JOHNSON
Most active topics
Using the Pulpit In Other Church Areas
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
God's Way Poem written by a member
The Holy Spirit: Author of Scripture
Friend Erica
The Cleaning Woman
Please pray for these Kids to be found alive
Pray for my Uncle Hank
Rules from God
What does the Lords Prayer mean ?

H.A.L.T. Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Camille
Admin
Admin
Camille

H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired Empty
PostSubject: H.A.L.T. Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired   H.A.L.T.  Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 1:41 am

Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired

Charles Stanley, noted pastor from Atlanta, mentions the H.A.L.T. principle in his sermons quite frequently.

It refers to four areas of our life when we are most vulnerable to the attack of our archenemy, the devil.

Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired are four situations in our lives where we need to be very aware that the enemy is out to use this area against us.

The strongest Biblical example of this is recorded in Matthew 4 and Luke 4. After spending forty days in the wilderness where he was under constant bombardment by the devil, the Bible says in Luke 4:2, "He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them He was hungry." The first area that the enemy hit was hunger.

If you will think what it is like to spend forty days alone, then the loneliness that Jesus must have experienced is not hard to imagine. The Bible is clear when it says that Jesus was tempted in all points, just like us, and He was without sin.

And if you will also imagine living in a wilderness experience for that long of a time, then Jesus must have been very tired. Sleeping outside with no bed or comforts of a home life would have caused this.

And I believe that if you read Matthew 4:10, where Jesus said to the devil, "Away from me Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only'", you will see the righteous anger in His voice as he rebuked Satan, and told him to leave him alone.

So it is important to see how Jesus dealt with the HALT in his life. When the Savior was vulnerable to sin, how did he handle his confrontation with the enemy?

Three different times Jesus quoted from the Bible. The most famous verse is Matthew 4:4. "It is written, Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." Jesus had quoted a verse from Deuteronomy 8:3. He also quotes two other verses in Deuteronomy 6:16 and Deuteronomy 6:13.

One of the verses that describes the early growth of Jesus is Luke 2:52. "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." I believe that Jesus knew many verses from the then know Word of God. It was a custom of young Jewish children to memorize large portions of the Word of God. These were the ammunition that he used to defeat the enemy.

It has always amazed me that most churches have Bible memory programs for the children, but rarely do many adults continue with a regular Bible memory program. As a young Christian I was introduced to the Topical Memory System , which is published by the Navigator Organization. That was over forty years ago, and I can attest to many times in all those years, that those memory verses have ministered to me when I found myself in the "HALT" condition.

Prepare yourself for those future attacks of the devil. Order the Topical Memory System today, and commit yourself to regular Bible memory for the rest of your life.

I would imagine that loneliness is amplified in the older generation. The children are grown and gone. Perhaps your spouse is not living anymore, or the marriage has failed. Jesus is the one true friend we have, when it seems that others do not care. We live in such a rat race, that we neglect widows and widowers, and many children are so involved in the rat race, that their parents do not get to spend much time with their loved ones.

I have an assignment for you. It will make your day. Pick up the phone and call your parents and/or your children and tell them you love them. Make a commitment to do that on a regular basis.

Now let us think about the "Anger" in the HALT principle. Unlike Jesus, who had "righteous anger", we usually sin with our anger. And enemy comes in like a flood. Eph 4:31,32 tells us to get rid of all anger, and replace it with compassion and forgiveness.

My anger usually leads to hoof and mouth disease. I open my mouth and stick my foot into it. Eph 4:29 is the answer to that. "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

Since most of us in America seldom go hungry, I would equate that sin to lack of the intake of the Word of God. Real spiritual hunger is in epidemic proportions in our world today. Today vow to spend time reading the word of God. Jeremiah 15:16, "When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight."

Being tired is a national pastime. Mom's and Dad's both working jobs, caught up in the hustle and bustle of taking the kids to soccer, dance lessons, cheerleading or little league. Too tired for relationships, too tired to spend time with the Lord, and too tired to build into other believer's lives. My article on "The Rat Race" amplifies on this problem.

So perhaps I have alerted you today to how the enemy operates. I sincerely hope you will arm yourself with the Word of God today.

Back to top Go down
http://sowthepower.blogspot.com/

H.A.L.T. Hungry-Angry-Lonely-Tired
Page 1 of 1