God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search Bible Gateway
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
Latest topics
»  How To Be Filled With The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues.
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 8:37 pm by Camille

» The Lord is faithful and He will do what He has promised to do.
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  Even the struggles that are hidden in our hearts are open and visible to Him.
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptySat May 30, 2020 3:42 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  If the Lord knows each star in space. He certainly knows your name.
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptyFri May 29, 2020 3:25 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» In fact, He goes ahead of us, to make this light and opportunity a reality.
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» HE has got you in His hands, and you can rest in this knowledge.
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:40 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He watches over you, wherever you go.
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:34 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» The Lord wants to bless our coming in and our going out.
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He is YOUR Lord and God, so rest in Him.
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptySun May 24, 2020 2:46 pm by Ingrid's Memory

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
Camille
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor Vote_lcap7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor Voting_bar7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor Vote_rcap 
Ingrid's Memory
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor Vote_lcap7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor Voting_bar7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor Vote_rcap 
Godslove17
clark thompson
kellyniles
Angel Bells
Admin
newnature
TheKanonHara
WhiteHorse79
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:22 am by Camille
God always provides for our needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

As long as we are doing the work of the Lord God will always meet our needs. As long as we are pointing others to God, He will always see that you have plenty.

Do the work of the Lord share what you know from the bible and share your testimony of how you were healed or set free and God …

Comments: 2
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum on your social bookmarking website
Similar topics
Most Viewed Topics
HOW DEMONIC SPIRITS ATTACK PROPHETS
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
Prayers for you from a man of God on YouTube Apostle Tim
The Armour of God - My Daily Strength in The Lord
More Salvation Prayers
Love Is Patient, Love Is Kind 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
What Occurs When You Plead The Blood of Jesus-Pst.D.K Olukoya
23 Declarations To Help Defeat Strongholds Of The Mind By Rebecca Greenwood
Prophecy: Donald Trump Shall Become the Trumpet by JEREMIAH JOHNSON
Most active topics
Using the Pulpit In Other Church Areas
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
God's Way Poem written by a member
The Holy Spirit: Author of Scripture
Friend Erica
The Cleaning Woman
Please pray for these Kids to be found alive
Pray for my Uncle Hank
Rules from God
What does the Lords Prayer mean ?

7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Camille
Admin
Admin
Camille

7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor Empty
PostSubject: 7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor   7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 11:39 pm

7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack
BY RON CANTOR
Charisma Magazine
7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor Girl-517555_1920-800x600

Proverbs says “reckless words pierce like a sword” (Prov. 12:18) It says like a sword because there is a difference. Hurtful words don’t wound the flesh like a sword, but the soul. We all know what it is like to be stunned by the hurtful words of someone else. Paralyzed, unable to move forward. So, what do we do to survive?
1. Forgive
You start by forgiving. Whether they ask for it or not. I have sinned more against God than any person has sinned against me and He freely, unconditionally has forgiven me. We cannot be like the man in Matthew 18 who received forgiveness from the king but then would not extend to someone whose debt to him was far less.

2. Look for the Truth
Even when someone is attacking you with the desire to wound, there is often a kernel of truth in their words. Dispassionately ask yourself if there is an area where the person is correct. In this case there was some truth and by the grace of God, I acknowledged that to the ‘attacker’ and there are probably other things as well. It is on us to take 100% of the responsibility for whatever percentage of the issue is ours. If it is 10%, take 100% responsibility for that 10%, regardless of what the other person does with their 90%.

3. Turn the curse into Blessing
Take every curse that person throws at you and proclaim the opposite for blessing. If they say you are stupid, proclaim that you have the mind of the Messiah. If they say you are a loser, proclaim the favor of God on your life. In this case, we did not own a house and this person said that we had a ‘spirit of poverty’ on us. So we began to pray into that, proclaiming blessing. Within two months we owned a home!

4. Don’t respond
By nature, I love to defend. I believe there is a tiny lawyer living inside me and he is not always nice. In my mind I imagine defending each accusation and attacking the person back with even more venom. Yes, that is my flesh. But no matter how good you think it might feel, it will bear no fruit and cause more pain.

In the movie You’ve Got Mail, Meg Ryan’s character dreams of being able to be put Tom Hank’s character in his place—being able to say the right snarky, witty thing, at the right time. She got her chance and found out that it didn’t feel so good to hurt someone else.

5. Focus on those who love you
I thank God for all the friends that my wife Elana and I have around the world. From Nigeria to Ukraine we have built some wonderful relationships. And yet one person speaking against with this type of spiritual force, can temp us to forget about all those amazing people who love us and focus on that one person who is attacking us.

It is all you can think about it. However, you need to take control of your thoughts (2 Cor. 10:3-5) and focus them on those who really care for you. I am blessed that I have been part of the same international network of leaders since 1987. These same men and women whom I have served with for almost 30 years, not only hold us accountable, but love me and my wife. Why would I focus on someone who doesn’t?

6. Get prayer from trusted friends
One of the first things Elana and I did after this attack was to get prayer. We have our weekly staff meeting every Sunday morning (In Israel, Sunday is our Monday) and I asked the staff at Tiferet Yeshua (the congregation we serve) to lay hands on us and pray. They did and it was powerful. In fact, our administrator prophesied over us regarding our future and it was right on! There was no way she could have known and I was having doubts about the direction—in part because of the angry email. But the Lord cleared all that up in seconds.

7. Rinse and Repeat
After you have done all this, you will be encouraged… for about an hour, until you think of it again. When Jesus was asked how many times to forgive, he said, seven times seventy (Matt. 18:22)—in other words, as many times as it takes. We often see that as forgiving different sins one at a time—and I am sure that is one of the applications—but I think it also means that we might have to forgive the same sin over and over again, until it no longer has a hold on us; until its sting is gone.

Do this, you will survive!

Proverbs says “reckless words pierce like a sword” (Prov. 12:18) It says like a sword because there is a difference. Hurtful words don’t wound the flesh like a sword, but the soul. We all know what it is like to be stunned by the hurtful words of someone else. Paralyzed, unable to move forward. So, what do we do to survive?

1. Forgive
You start by forgiving. Whether they ask for it or not. I have sinned more against God than any person has sinned against me and He freely, unconditionally has forgiven me. We cannot be like the man in Matthew 18 who received forgiveness from the king but then would not extend to someone whose debt to him was far less.

2. Look for the Truth
Even when someone is attacking you with the desire to wound, there is often a kernel of truth in their words. Dispassionately ask yourself if there is an area where the person is correct. In this case there was some truth and by the grace of God, I acknowledged that to the ‘attacker’ and there are probably other things as well. It is on us to take 100% of the responsibility for whatever percentage of the issue is ours. If it is 10%, take 100% responsibility for that 10%, regardless of what the other person does with their 90%.

Take every curse that person throws at you and proclaim the opposite for blessing. If they say you are stupid, proclaim that you have the mind of the Messiah. If they say you are a loser, proclaim the favor of God on your life. In this case, we did not own a house and this person said that we had a ‘spirit of poverty’ on us. So we began to pray into that, proclaiming blessing. Within two months we owned a home!

4. Don’t respond
By nature, I love to defend. I believe there is a tiny lawyer living inside me and he is not always nice. In my mind I imagine defending each accusation and attacking the person back with even more venom. Yes, that is my flesh. But no matter how good you think it might feel, it will bear no fruit and cause more pain.

In the movie You’ve Got Mail, Meg Ryan’s character dreams of being able to be put Tom Hank’s character in his place—being able to say the right snarky, witty thing, at the right time. She got her chance and found out that it didn’t feel so good to hurt someone else.

I thank God for all the friends that my wife Elana and I have around the world. From Nigeria to Ukraine we have built some wonderful relationships. And yet one person speaking against with this type of spiritual force, can temp us to forget about all those amazing people who love us and focus on that one person who is attacking us.

It is all you can think about it. However, you need to take control of your thoughts (2 Cor. 10:3-5) and focus them on those who really care for you. I am blessed that I have been part of the same international network of leaders since 1987. These same men and women whom I have served with for almost 30 years, not only hold us accountable, but love me and my wife. Why would I focus on someone who doesn’t?

One of the first things Elana and I did after this attack was to get prayer. We have our weekly staff meeting every Sunday morning (In Israel, Sunday is our Monday) and I asked the staff at Tiferet Yeshua (the congregation we serve) to lay hands on us and pray. They did and it was powerful. In fact, our administrator prophesied over us regarding our future and it was right on! There was no way she could have known and I was having doubts about the direction—in part because of the angry email. But the Lord cleared all that up in seconds.

7. Rinse and Repeat
After you have done all this, you will be encouraged… for about an hour, until you think of it again. When Jesus was asked how many times to forgive, he said, seven times seventy (Matt. 18:22)—in other words, as many times as it takes. We often see that as forgiving different sins one at a time—and I am sure that is one of the applications—but I think it also means that we might have to forgive the same sin over and over again, until it no longer has a hold on us; until its sting is gone.

Have you ever been a victim of a personal spiritual attack? Here's a practical guide for overcoming it.

7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor Girl-517555_1920-800x600

Recently, I received the most vicious email attacking my character at the highest—or lowest—level. Amazingly just a few days later I received another email from a different person that made the first one look like a nursery rhyme. Rough week? You bet! I can’t remember receiving one letter like that, much less two!

In addition to being called a control freak, I was warned that another person who criticized the sender is now DEAD! The person went on to attack every part of my life, concluding that I was not fit to be a leader. And then, suggested that I was…wait for it…a homosexual.

Despite the fact that I knew the person was wounded and acting out of that wound and despite the fact that I knew the motive behind the email had nothing to do with helping, but hurting me—it still stung.

1. Forgive

2. Look for the Truth

4. Don’t respond

7. Rinse and Repeat

Back to top Go down
http://sowthepower.blogspot.com/

7 Steps to Surviving a Personal Spiritual Attack By BY Ron Cantor
Page 1 of 1