While I was on Yahoo answers a few years ago I received from a woman an email asking me to help her as she had seen some of my posts on Yahoo about what to do about Ghosts in the house.
Now ghosts do not really exist but Hollywood and some authors began calling them that because they want to sell movies and books to scare others. They are in fact demons.
I asked her first what things had she been dabbling in.
Because demons do not just come unless you left the back door of your life open to him.
I asked her if she had been dabbling like reading Harry Potter books or the Twilight series about vampires and werewolves. She told me no. I asked her if she had been into casting spells, fortune tellers or tarot readings, Ouija board, witchcraft and or watching vampire movies or horror movies they bring on fear and that opens the door to the devil.She told me she had not.
But so how did this demon get into her home?
She had just bought this house and the workment that had worked on it must have been into something and the demons just stayed on.
I then told her to renounce all involvement with the devil. I also told her that in order to cleanse her home and have it stay cleansed she would have to say the sinners prayer. She told me she would do anything to free her house from the spooky things going on in it.
If you are not saved you need to be because the demons cannot cross the blood line of Jesus. But if you are not saved they can come back and bring worse demons with them.

So I led her in this prayer: She was to say it Out Loud so the demons could hear her and she could hear it too.

“Father, I know that I have broken Your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life and turn it over to You. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

I told her to leave her radio on to a Christian station on low because the demons do not like to hear Christian music nor preaching or teaching of the Good News of Jesus.

Then I gave her instructions on how to cleanse her house:
To cleanse your house from demons take some olive oil and dab some on your finger tips now go to the front door and the back door and all the windows and anoint it at the top and bottom, and side to side and say this In the name of Jesus I command all the spirits not of God to leave my house. Father God in the name of Jesus fill all the empty places with your love and peace. Now go to every room in the house and do the same thing to all the doors and windows and in the rooms open all the closets and cupboards and say the same thing. Then get rid of any  thing that has to do with demonic things. such as Harry Potter books or movies, tarot cards,  horror stories or horror movies as in werewolves, witches, dracula, frankenstein, twilight movies or books, Ouija board take it out and burn it. UFO books, witch doctor movies or books, casting spells, shrunken heads, horoscope books, witchcraft books, amulets or lucky pieces. You have Jesus now you do not need any of these things, all these things bring demons into your house.

This is from my blog:

http://sowthepower.blogspot.com/2013/02/cleansing-your-home-of-demons.html