God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search Bible Gateway
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
Latest topics
»  How To Be Filled With The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues.
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 8:37 pm by Camille

» The Lord is faithful and He will do what He has promised to do.
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  Even the struggles that are hidden in our hearts are open and visible to Him.
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptySat May 30, 2020 3:42 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  If the Lord knows each star in space. He certainly knows your name.
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptyFri May 29, 2020 3:25 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» In fact, He goes ahead of us, to make this light and opportunity a reality.
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» HE has got you in His hands, and you can rest in this knowledge.
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:40 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He watches over you, wherever you go.
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:34 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» The Lord wants to bless our coming in and our going out.
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He is YOUR Lord and God, so rest in Him.
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptySun May 24, 2020 2:46 pm by Ingrid's Memory

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
Camille
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison Vote_lcapThe Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison Voting_barThe Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison Vote_rcap 
Ingrid's Memory
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison Vote_lcapThe Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison Voting_barThe Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison Vote_rcap 
Godslove17
clark thompson
kellyniles
Angel Bells
Admin
newnature
TheKanonHara
WhiteHorse79
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:22 am by Camille
God always provides for our needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

As long as we are doing the work of the Lord God will always meet our needs. As long as we are pointing others to God, He will always see that you have plenty.

Do the work of the Lord share what you know from the bible and share your testimony of how you were healed or set free and God …

Comments: 2
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum on your social bookmarking website
Similar topics
Most Viewed Topics
HOW DEMONIC SPIRITS ATTACK PROPHETS
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
Prayers for you from a man of God on YouTube Apostle Tim
The Armour of God - My Daily Strength in The Lord
More Salvation Prayers
Love Is Patient, Love Is Kind 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
What Occurs When You Plead The Blood of Jesus-Pst.D.K Olukoya
23 Declarations To Help Defeat Strongholds Of The Mind By Rebecca Greenwood
Prophecy: Donald Trump Shall Become the Trumpet by JEREMIAH JOHNSON
Most active topics
Using the Pulpit In Other Church Areas
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
God's Way Poem written by a member
The Holy Spirit: Author of Scripture
Friend Erica
The Cleaning Woman
Please pray for these Kids to be found alive
Pray for my Uncle Hank
Rules from God
What does the Lords Prayer mean ?

The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Camille
Admin
Admin
Camille

The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison Empty
PostSubject: The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison   The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:21 pm

The Only True Standard

Last Sunday I felt inspired. In fact, I preached like my hair was on fire. There was an excitement in the air and in my heart. There seemed to be a great urgency. After church, the reviews came in. It's always interesting to look through the emails and see what people have to say. Although we have hundreds in the auditorium, we have thousands watching via live video streaming. It's interesting how two people can hear the same message and while one thinks it's the greatest message they've ever heard, the other one is offended, hurt, and says they will never watch again. But as a minister, I must remember a very important truth. The message I present must never be to please men or get good reviews. It must be the message that God wants me to give.

Which brings me to my point. Whether you are in the ministry or not, you must make a decision. Are you going to live your life trying to please God or to please people?

Shortly after the Holy Spirit moved upon the people on the Day of Pentecost, the religious leaders stepped in and began to tell the apostles what they could say and what they couldn't say. Peter stood up and asked the question, "Are we going to be pleasers of God, or pleasers of men?" (Acts 5:26-29).

Today we must ask ourselves the same question and this question is not just for preachers. Everyone must decide how they are going to live their life. Do we stand for the things of God or do we go with the flow and become politically correct so that we do not offend men? Of course, a Christian is not to blatantly offend people. And of course, we must be kind and considerate and choose our words well. We should not be offensive, nor arrogant and prideful in what we say. However, we cannot take a stand against the laws of God just to be accepted by others.

In some ways it may be easier for a preacher because he stands in the pulpit and everyone expects him to side with God. But for the average church member working on the job, attending school or social functions with friends, it may actually be more difficult to take a stand for truth. Homosexuality, abortion, adultery, and fornication are always wrong in the eyes of God. His Word proclaims it from the beginning of the book to the end. God doesn't change. And although society would make us think that we are discriminating, that is not true. To stand firm on the laws of God is not discrimination, it's wisdom.

In centuries past, groups of people were enslaved and abused because of the color of their skin, the color of their eyes, or the color of their hair. I have always been disgusted by this type of behavior. I think the way God thinks. The Bible says man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart. When you are born on this earth, you are not able to choose the color of your skin, the color of your hair, or the color of your eyes. And it is sad that entire cultures have been eliminated because of color. That is true discrimination. However, to stand for the truth concerning things that are sin is not wrong. While a man is not able to choose the color of his skin, it is his choice whether he has sex with a man or a woman. Color is not a choice, but sin is and to say that sin is discrimination is pure deception.

Satan is a deceiver. From the very beginning, man was driven out of the Garden of Eden because he fell for the deception of the serpent. Deception will cause you to perceive right as wrong and wrong as right. The Bible says that a sign of the end times is that men will deceive others and be deceived themselves. (2 Tim. 3:13.)

Over the years I have had people sit in my office and try to convince me they were not deceived. But the truth is, people who are deceived don't know it. That's why it's called "deception."

So the conclusion is this. We cannot rely on the laws of man to determine what is right or moral. There are many things in our culture that are not illegal, but they are immoral. When we live our lives seeking His truth and applying it to our lives, then there will be no doubt that we are living the proper lifestyle. The only true standard for truth and righteousness is the Word of God.

Scripture References:

But Peter and the other apostles answered and said, "We ought to obey God rather than men" (Acts 5:29).

Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God. And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ" (Colossians 3:22-24).

But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived (2 Timothy 3:13).
To subscribe to The Cutting Edge Devotional, click here.

All rights reserved. Used by permission.

This article may be reproduced for teaching purposes but not for commercial resale.

Larry Ollison Ministries, PO Box 880, Osage Beach, MO 65065 USA  
Back to top Go down
http://sowthepower.blogspot.com/
Lorri
Anonymous

The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison Empty
PostSubject: Hearing God's Voice   The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:00 am

I must confess I don't listen to "the stil small voice" of God as I should. I, like many others continue to do it "our way" instead of God's way.

Hearing God's voice is the desire of many - but few seem to feel that it's their personal experience. Why is God's voice so difficult to hear? Or is it? Hearing God's voice may not be possible while we're doing everything we think we need to be doing. Psalm 46:10, Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Consider the example of Jesus - he often went out alone into the mountains to pray - it makes sense that he was finding a place of quietness so he could hear that still small voice. Very few hear the audible voice of God.

Perhaps there's a little lesson for us here as we seek to hear God's voice. Often we want to think that God gives us signs - and perhaps he does. Maybe we rush about doing one thing and another - feeling fairly certain that God is behind it - yet how often do we suffer from a sense that something isn't quite right?

Unfortunately there are some who mistakenly believe God has given them the unction to "warn" others of their sins. I am not speaking of pastors who are commanded by the Lord to warn congregants of the causes of and results of sin from the pulpit. Or if it is known that an individual is engaging in sinful acts counsels them about the consequences of sin they are obligated to warn them. Eze. 33:8, When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. KJV

I am speaking of those who are quick to judge others and then proceed to "warn" them via harassment and sharing this knowledge with others, gossiping with others about the "offender". This type of behavior and attitude is contrary to the Word of God, instead we are to pray for them. More harm is done by these actions.

source unknown
Back to top Go down

The Only True Standard - By Larry Ollison
Page 1 of 1