God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Gods Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat. For Christian adults and unbelievers seeking salvation and encouragements found in the word of God.
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum (GWCFF) is only for adults and mature,young and teen christians.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Way Christian Forum. A place to be 'refreshed and built up in the Lord Jesus'. Where Christian 'Believers' can fellowship together to talk, discuss, enjoy, pray for others and give testimonies, chat.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Search Bible Gateway
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
Latest topics
»  How To Be Filled With The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues.
The Word of Wisdom EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 8:37 pm by Camille

» The Lord is faithful and He will do what He has promised to do.
The Word of Wisdom EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:48 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  Even the struggles that are hidden in our hearts are open and visible to Him.
The Word of Wisdom EmptySat May 30, 2020 3:42 pm by Ingrid's Memory

»  If the Lord knows each star in space. He certainly knows your name.
The Word of Wisdom EmptyFri May 29, 2020 3:25 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» In fact, He goes ahead of us, to make this light and opportunity a reality.
The Word of Wisdom EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» HE has got you in His hands, and you can rest in this knowledge.
The Word of Wisdom EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:40 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He watches over you, wherever you go.
The Word of Wisdom EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:34 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» The Lord wants to bless our coming in and our going out.
The Word of Wisdom EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm by Ingrid's Memory

» He is YOUR Lord and God, so rest in Him.
The Word of Wisdom EmptySun May 24, 2020 2:46 pm by Ingrid's Memory

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
Camille
The Word of Wisdom Vote_lcapThe Word of Wisdom Voting_barThe Word of Wisdom Vote_rcap 
Ingrid's Memory
The Word of Wisdom Vote_lcapThe Word of Wisdom Voting_barThe Word of Wisdom Vote_rcap 
Godslove17
clark thompson
kellyniles
Angel Bells
Admin
newnature
TheKanonHara
WhiteHorse79
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
The Word of Wisdom EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:22 am by Camille
God always provides for our needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

As long as we are doing the work of the Lord God will always meet our needs. As long as we are pointing others to God, He will always see that you have plenty.

Do the work of the Lord share what you know from the bible and share your testimony of how you were healed or set free and God …

Comments: 2
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of God's Way Christian Fellowship Forum on your social bookmarking website
Similar topics
Most Viewed Topics
HOW DEMONIC SPIRITS ATTACK PROPHETS
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
Do God's Work and all Your Needs will be Met
Prayers for you from a man of God on YouTube Apostle Tim
The Armour of God - My Daily Strength in The Lord
More Salvation Prayers
Love Is Patient, Love Is Kind 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
What Occurs When You Plead The Blood of Jesus-Pst.D.K Olukoya
23 Declarations To Help Defeat Strongholds Of The Mind By Rebecca Greenwood
Prophecy: Donald Trump Shall Become the Trumpet by JEREMIAH JOHNSON
Most active topics
Using the Pulpit In Other Church Areas
Gods Way Christian Fellowship Forum
God's Way Poem written by a member
The Holy Spirit: Author of Scripture
Friend Erica
The Cleaning Woman
Please pray for these Kids to be found alive
Pray for my Uncle Hank
Rules from God
What does the Lords Prayer mean ?

The Word of Wisdom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Camille
Admin
Admin
Camille

The Word of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: The Word of Wisdom   The Word of Wisdom EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:59 pm

The Word of Wisdom

One of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit is called "the word of wisdom." The word of wisdom is wisdom from God imparted by the Holy Spirit that is beyond natural human wisdom.

Wisdom is available to every born-again believer. One of the books in the Bible that talks about wisdom is the book of James. That book is actually a letter that was written by James (one of Jesus' disciples) to the Church. In other words, this letter that we call the book of James is actually a letter written to born-again believers. In James 1:5 it says, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally without reproach, and it will be given to him." This verse tells us that a Christian who lacks wisdom can receive wisdom in abundance from God and all he must do is ask in faith and receive it.

However, the Bible tells us of a supernatural anointing of wisdom called "the word of wisdom." First Corinthians 12:8 lists it as one of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit.

What is the difference between wisdom from God and the word of wisdom? Actually, the answer is simple. Natural wisdom that is available to the born-again believer is wisdom that can be used in making the day-to-day decisions in life. This wisdom can be used in the natural affairs and in the ministry affairs of every believer. However, the word of wisdom is not available to every believer all the time. It is available only as it is distributed by the Holy Spirit and only as He wills to distribute it: "One and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills" (1 Cor. 12:11).

Several years ago I was asked to speak to some business people in our local town. The meeting took place in a banquet room at the bank. They asked me to come and speak what was on my heart. The things of God are always on my heart.

Although I was in the ministry at the time, I was also the president of the Lake of the Ozarks Marine Dealers' Association and chairman of the State Marine Board. They probably thought I was going to talk about high performance power boats, but I didn't. I talked about the things of God and after I spoke, I had an altar call. The business people were very receptive. I laid hands on many people and prayed with them.

Near the end of the meeting, one of the local business women came forward. I had never seen the lady before this night. I asked her what she would like to receive from the Lord. She said she wanted God to help her quit smoking. I agreed with her in prayer that she would receive the strength to quit. But as she turned away and started walking toward the back of the bank meeting room, the Spirit of God came upon me and imparted to me the word of knowledge and the word of wisdom.

I called to the lady. She was about fifteen feet from me by then. She turned and said, "Yes?" I heard myself saying, "The Spirit of God would say to you this night, if you would take the cigarettes you have hidden in the vase by the couch, the cigarettes you've hidden in the canister in the cabinet, and the cigarettes you've hidden in the drawer and destroy them, you will be delivered of smoking permanently."

My mind was thinking, What in the world am I saying? For all I knew, this lady didn't even have a vase beside her couch or a couch for that matter. This information was supernatural knowledge. These were facts about her life I had no way of knowing. No education in any institution of higher learning in the world could have taught me what I was speaking boldly as fact. She turned toward me and acknowledged that what I said was true, but then made a startling statement. She said, "I can't do that because cigarettes are expensive and when I start smoking again, I'll just have to go and buy new ones."

God loved this lady so much that he imparted the word of knowledge to me to reveal a truth in her life. And then He imparted the word of wisdom to me on how to solve the problem. She rejected the knowledge and the wisdom of God.

The wisdom that comes from God through the impartation of the word of wisdom by the Holy Spirit is supernatural wisdom beyond the wisdom of people and wisdom that cannot be attained by intellect or experience.

So the bottom line is this. As a Christian we should be asking God for wisdom daily and be ready and willing to receive the word of wisdom as He imparts it to us by His Holy Spirit.

Back to top Go down
http://sowthepower.blogspot.com/

The Word of Wisdom
Page 1 of 1