Hosea 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9 O Israel, thou hast sinned from the days of Gibeah: there they stood: the battle in Gibeah against the children of iniquity did not overtake them.
10 It is in my desire that I should chastise them; and the people shall be gathered against them, when they shall bind themselves in their two furrows.

Hosea 10:9-10 Expanded Bible (EXB)

9 “Israel, you have sinned since the •time [L days] of Gibeah [9:9; Judg. 19–21],
   and •the people there have continued sinning[L there they have remained; or there they took their stand].
•But war will surely overwhelm [L Did not war overtake…?] them in Gibeah,
   because of the evil they have done there.
10 When I •am ready[desire; please],
   I will come to •punish [discipline]them.
Nations will come together against them,
   and they will be •punished [bound in chains] for their •double [L two] sins[C could mean “twice the punishment” (Is. 40) or the two sins of rejecting God and his anointed Davidic king].

Expanded Bible (EXB) The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

9 Israel continued to do idolatry and would not turn to God this angered the Lord against them and they were going to have to answer for it very soon. God just wanted them to come back to Him but they went more to idols.

10 God was sending them into captivity to bring them back to Him sometimes we have to go thru something hard to draw closer to the Lord. They would be in exile but God knew that they would come back to their land after a time for us as believers we may get away but God will draw us back.