Small Beginnings
By Andre Butler

If thou were pure and of right, surely now He would awake for thee and make the habitation of thy righteousness prosperous. Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase.
Job 8:6-7

Some people hear a message on divine prosperity and believe that God promises this to believers. However, they respond: "Pastor, I come from a poor family. All I can really hope is that one day I get out of debt. I'm never going to reach a point of abundance, however, because I have too far to go."

Naturally speaking, it seems wise not to get your hopes up. But God doesn't care where your starting point is! Job's friend told him that if he turned toward God and lived right before God, God would cause his house to greatly increase and be prosperous. This is true for you, too!

It doesn't matter where you start from. It just matters whom you hook up with. According to God's system and God's Word, if you stay with God and do what He tells you to do, your end will be much greater than your beginning.